Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Uncle, Ahmad Bohari

(Ahmad Bohari Bin Ali with his two sons and a niece - Eid 2000)

My other uncle who played football during his teenage life is Ahmad Bohari. He played football for a very brief period. Unlike Ahmad Sayuti, he was not selected to play for the youth national team.

Ahmad Bohari is my mother's second youngest brother. He is the one who very much resemble my late maternal grandfather, both in terms of appearance and obedience towards his religion. Like my mother, he has a remarkable voice and able to read the Qur'aan with a rhythmic-like recitation that is very soothing to hear. He teaches children to recite the Qur'aan during his spare time. Generally, the Baweanese are good at reciting the Holy Qur'aan.

As his niece, I address my uncle as 'Mamang' because he is the younger brother of my mother. Mamang Bohari is married with four children, three boys and a girl. The oldest child, Yan, will be completing National Service (NS) very soon and is looking forward to continue his studies at the University. Yan, is one of my favorite cousins whom I am always proud of. He has good manners and very polite to his elder. He brought lots of pride and joy to the family with his successful academic achievements. According to me he is the perfect son that every mother wishes to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment